Friday, June 13, 2008

Ugh.........

Well another week has passed in the Schmidt house. The past week has introduced me to the jury duty process. I made the mistake several days ago of saying to Ronda that I wouldn't mind getting picked on a jury so I could get a feel for the judicial process and to see how things work. Boy should I have watched out what I wished for!!! I was chosen to be a juror, for a 6 week long trial!!! Wow, when i'm given what I ask for i'm really given what I ask for. Oh well, at least i'm off of school right now. The rest of the family is keeping busy too so far this summer. Ronda is gearing up for summer school, Cameron is playing baseball for the high school team and he has been starting in left and right field, and Kyle has been doing a lot of swimming with friends at the house. We don't always lead the most exciting of lives but we are always super swamped with things going on. This summer is showing that it will follow suit. This weekend I will be attempting the last major test before getting my teaching credential. It is called the RICA or the reading instruction competency assessment. It is a veyry extensive exam that basically makes sure that we are able to assess and teach students reading. It tests that we are able to realize any problems the students are having and know ways to overcome these struggles. Should be quite a test. Any way i'll leave you for now. I hope this blog finds you all doing well and having a good summer. Take care. The Schmidt family.

No comments: